- For the treatment of common childhood eye conditions such as lazy eyes, squints and cross eyes
- Worn over the preferred eye, the eye patch encourages the weaker eye to function
- Breathable, hypoallergenic, latex free
- Easily applied and removed with minimal skin irritation
- Central, absorbent pad reduces stickiness from eye secretions
- Oval- shaped, Junior size, measuring 6.3cm x 4.7cm
- 20 patches per pack with rub-off transfer pictures
During the first four months of a child's life the visual pathways develop as the eye matures and receives images which are then sent to the brain. For correct development of vision the brain needs to receive equally clear and focused images from both eyes at the same time. However, if anything interferes with this development, it can result in amblyopia and reduced vision. Amblyopia is a condition that only children develop and needs to be treated in the early years in order to be corrected.
The use of an eye patch - or “occlusion therapy” - to cover your child’s stronger eye will encourage their weaker eye to start working and stimulate vision, hence helping the part of the brain that manages sight to further develop. The length of time and the number of hours per day that your child is required to wear the patch varies, so it is important to follow the specific treatment routine that is prescribed.
Opticlude™ Orthoptic Eye Patches are tried, proven and trusted through years of use by orthoptists across Europe to provide a comfortable solution to childhood amblyopia.
This pack contains 20 oval Junior-size patches, measuring 6.3cm x 4.7cm, with rub-off transfer pictures so your child can have fun! They have a central pad which absorbs excess moisture and are made from a breathable, hypoallergenic and latex-free material.
Easy to apply and remove, now you can make patching a pleasure.
N.B.: Occlusion therapy should only be conducted under the guidance of an orthoptist or other suitably qualified healthcare professional